Procedures and Resources
For businesses that are able to operate
If your employees need to work on-site, you should:
- limit the number of people on-site so everyone can safely stay 2 metres apart
- offer flexible working arrangements, for example, staggered meal breaks, or staggered start and finish times to help with physical distancing
- clean and disinfect your workplace regularly
- provide employees with handwashing facilities
- have personal protective equipment (PPE) available for employees to use
- display your QR code and have an alternative contact tracing system for workers and customers to use.
Businesses must have systems and processes in place to ensure, as much as possible, that each person who enters the workplace:
- scans the QR code, or
- provides details in a contact tracing record that the workplace collects.
If your business cannot meet all Alert Level 4 rules to operate safely, your workers should not go to work.
Traveling to work at Alert Level 4
If your employees need to go into the premises or work on-site, they can use public transport to commute.
Employees may be asked to show who they work for so they can prove they have a reason to travel. We recommend you provide your employees with a letter to confirm who they are, and their role.
Everyone legally must wear a face covering on all public transport, unless they have an exemption.
The team at BurnsFulton is on-call and ready to assist our members in any capacity. If you would like the Covid-19 App added to your account, or need any other assistance, please simply reply to this email or call 0800600004.
From the Team at BurnsFulton